Wednesday, February 17, 2010

2/17


It has been a little while since I have posted anything on here but not too much has been going on. Jimmy is back from Canada though and that is exciting. We have had some decent weather finally, I have been slacking on working out, Ethan turned five months old yesterday and Emilee is still her silly self.
Jimmy enjoyed working in Canada but missed his family. I think he worked more hours this time than he has before and they were still not ready to open the store when he left. This was the third time he has gone to Canada to help open a new store in the last year and he always welcomes the change of pace. He came home two days before the start of the Olympics and brought me home a pair of the red mittens that everyone is sporting right now. I love them! We really missed him while he was gone and are very happy to have him home. He is talking about going back the end of June for another store and hoping for a little more responsibility in an area other than receiving. I know he looks forward to that.
We have finally caught a break in the cold dreary weather lately. Yesterday we were actually able to go out in the yard in play with out getting our feet stuck in mud. The temps are getting into the 40s and we are looking forward to them getting warm enough to go without heavy coats, hats and mittens. I can already see that Em is going to be a total outdoor kid this summer. Yay for fresh air and no TV. I have not been doing to well on my workouts but I think I am just burnt out on indoor workouts and looking forward to getting exercise outside. We have been getting some walks in which is nice. I did get up this morning and weigh and have lost a couple pounds so I am 15 pounds from my goal. Yay! I am still keeping up with my 365 days of photo blog so click on over and take a look at what we do from day to day. http://rossfamilyproject365.blogspot.com/
Ethan turned five months old yesterday and is learning new things everyday. He is currently amazed with his tongue and likes to move it around and make razzing sounds with it. Very cute! He is also into reaching for EVERYTHING! It makes it hard to do anything while holding him. He is very much enjoying his cereal and I know he is going to love baby food in about a month. I can't believe how time flies! I love that he is learning and growing but I am going to miss him being my snuggle baby.
Emilee is getting ready for pre school next year. We are working on cutting on lines, tracing letters, the states, mixing colors and patterns right now. She is getting really good at tracing her name but has a little problem with the M and staying focused until the end. We got her a map of the states and are going to put pictures of family members in the different states they live in. We also are participating in a sticker exchange and put a sticker on the state where they come from. My knowledge on geography is horrible so I am hoping I learn right alongside her. This week we are also learning about the color orange. We are talking about how to make orange and I have some fun activities planned for her. It is so much fun to teach her and she always loves learning. We keep talking about school starting next year and how she can't wear diapers to school so hopefully we get her potty trained soon.
Well it has been a fun and great new year so far and I count our blessings everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment