Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Pattern Crafts for Spring!


We do quite a few crafts at our house so I thought I would start sharing some. I am always looking for ways to reuse things and incorporate a lesson as well. Yesterday we had some fun painting and working with patterns. Em is really enjoys patterns! I found some spring foam stickers at Michael's and have been waiting for an opportunity to use them. For the eggs I just drew and cut out the shape and let them paint it how they wanted and once they dried I helped them put the stickers in color patterns. Super simple and they loved it!
For the caterpillars I just cut an egg carton bottom in half and let them each pick two paint colors. I put a color dot on top of each section so they knew what color to paint to make a pattern. For the head I used pipe cleaner antennae, hot glued googly eyes on and drew a mouth. They loved both projects and when the little girls mom came to pick her up she was proud to show her mom the "tattern."

No comments:

Post a Comment