Saturday, April 17, 2010

April Happenings!

It has been quite busy since our last post and Spring is popping up everywhere. I love it! We had a great Easter with the family and nice weather. Ethan has had a major milestone month and doesn't seem to be slowing down. Emilee is busier than ever and loving the weather change. Jimmy is keeping busy around the house and at work and I am just excited to get out of the house.
My sister and two nephews came to visit from California and the time flew by too quickly. Austin is fourteen and has grown into a awesome young man and Luke is nine months and an adorable and busy little guy. Ethan had fun playing with him and saw how much fun Luke had moving around. Austin enjoyed playing with my other niece and nephew Lex and Mason. It was fun watching them all hang out together and made me wish they could do it more often. Since everyone was here we had some family pictures taken. I haven't seen the final products yet so hopefully we got some where everyone is looking. It was pretty cold and with so many people it was hard to get everyone cooperating especially the babies. Between shots we would all have to hurry and coat up until it was our turn again. It all went pretty quickly.
Ethan has had a exciting month. He has learned to do so much and is not slowing down. The week of Easter I think he learned something new everyday. He got some sippy cups in his basket and enjoys drinking a little water from it. Throughout the week he learned to crawl, say Mama, sit up by himself, and finally roll from his back to his belly. This week he has started pulling himself up on things. I love watching him discover new things but I hate the little bumps and bruises he will get along the way. He is still enjoying his baby food and gets very excited when we all sit down for dinner together. I think we may be getting ready to say goodbye to the Binky. Yay! He hasn't really wanting it much so I think we will take the opportunity to break the habit. he really only uses it when sleeping and I have noticed that he spits it out even then.
Emilee is really enjoying the nice weather and is ready to go out and play every morning shortly after 8:00. She loves going to the park and making new friends. She is still doing great on potty training and rarely has an accident. She only wears a diaper while she is sleeping. We have tried not to during nap time but I don't think she is quite ready for that yet. She is very excited to start school next year and to ride the bus. It is amazing to see how much she can learn. She can write most of the letters in her name. M is a little hard still but I am sure she will get it soon. She is starting to draw recognizable pictures and is getting good about coloring in the lines. She is having a little bit of a hard time adjusting to Ethan's movement now that he can get to things that he wants. We continue to work on sharing. She has learned a new game where she will knock him over so she can sit him back up. We are also working on that. Poor Ethan!
Jimmy is ...well still working away. He had inventory at work and was pretty busy for awhile. He ran the inventory and it went really well. But now that it is done I think Spring fever has kicked in. He is excited for the nicer weather so he can get out and about and do stuff. He enjoys working out in the garage and yard so I'm glad it is warm enough for him to do it. Although with the return of the warm weather also comes the snakes. Hopefully between him, my dad and the help of our neighbor they kill them all so we can go out in the grass. Eeeww! I hate those creepy little things. He has been setting aside time on his days off for family fun and we all enjoy that. It is nice to be together and enjoy this time as a family whatever we do.
I have still been running but not as much. I need to get back into it and keep it up. My photo blog has also taken a back seat but I am getting back on track with that today. I guess having company threw me off. The kids and I are planning a trip to California next month so I am planning and saving for that. I am planning on having a yard sale the first week of May to help raise some spending money for our trip. I am super excited. We are planning on going to Fort Bragg and the Sacramento Zoo while there and then spend the rest of the time just being with family.
Like I said it has been a busy month. Just a few more quick updates on the rest of the family.
My dad is doing much better and finished his Physical Therapy this past Thursday. Jamie and Justin are having a GIRL due sometime in August. They are so excited! Word is Sherry may be engaged soon. Sarah is still having problems with her ankle due to her accident last July! Hopefully it gets fixed soon. Man I can't believe how everyone is growing up.
Well Emilee is begging for me to do a puzzle with her and until I do she is tormenting her brother so I better go save him. I will post pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment